Each year, the Hamburg yacht harbour commissions a hydrographic survey with a multibeam echosounder (Insurvey shown in the picture) in order to determine whether the necessary depths are still being maintained. Due to the high siltage in the tidal Elbe and the deposits in the harbour itself, it is usually necessary to conduct excavation works following the survey. Following completion of the dredging works, a survey is then conducted in order to determine both the mass dregded and whether the required depths have now been created.
Our activities for this project:
- Hydrographic survey with multibeam echosounder (Insurvey)
- Calculation of masses compared to a prespecified set value
- On request, transfer of the data to a hydraulic construction/dredging company hired by the client
- Outsurvey following completion of the excavation works
- Calculation of masses
- Production of maps (bathymetric/nautical chart, depth contour chart, difference chart, etc.)